The Post-Secondary Counselor with the Manitoba Indian Education Association will be responsible for maintaining the post-secondary student caseload by:
- Monitoring and reporting student progress
- Provide academic, personal, social, career and financial counseling
- Promote and encourage self-healing for success
- Referrals to professional care services
- Post-secondary education
- Applied Counseling experience, certificate an asset
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and teachers/professors of educational agencies and institutions
- Make referrals to professional care services as needed
- The ability to provide counseling on a one-on-one and group setting
- Computer skills is fundamental to the position
- Must be supportive of the Aboriginal Languages in Manitoba
- Pass & provide current Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks
All interested applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume and two letters of reference reflective of the job requirements, one of which must be the most recent or current employer.
Please submit applications via mail, fax or Email to:
300 - 286 Smith Street
Closing date and time for submitals: Friday, December 22, 2017, at Office Closing time of 5:00 pm.
Please note: Preference will be given to First Nations candidates. We thank all who apply, but only those individuals selected for an interview will be notified.